Seoul, South Korea

Seoul, South Korea

Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

How to: Get Back Up Again

I have officially spent 3 days in Seoul now, and never before have I felt such homesickness.  It's scarey to be honest, especially since I've never felt such a feeling before.  Never at a sleep away camp during elementary or middle school, never while visiting family or friends, never while at college even.  So before this I was blessed, and now I think God has decided it is time for me to learn the value of family and friends.  I have this deep fear inside me that all my friends will forget about me, I won't make any over here, and I will be left to fall into this void where I am alone.  Today, I acknowledged that fear within myself, writing out and forcing myself to visually face every fear I was feeling on the inside.  A little later, I replied to an old friend on skype, admitting my fears.  He has been in my life for almost 7 years now, and knows me better then almost anyone.  I know he will understand once he reads my messages.  Knowing this fact alone, as odd as it sounds, comforted me.  I then messaged another friend asking him for help and strength during this time.  I admitted my weakness to another.  Once I did these things, it was amazing the weight that was lifted off my shoulders.  I turned on some music, allowed myself to get carried away by TobyMac, and began to feel a pulse come back into my step.  It felt amazingly good honestly!  I was even able to be happy, enjoy the idea of being in Korea for a year (I had been struggling with this since I missed my friends so much), and knew that now I could suck up the fear that was remaining inside and push myself to just move on.  (Of course it helps to have friends I can talk to about my fears, worries, etc. with as well!)  Well, I'm off to bed.  For pictures and the like see my facebook page.
Love, hugs, & kisses,
리타
^
Rita

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great. :) And if it helps, I never once worried about you. You're a resourceful, smart and wonderful person. It can be daunting and sometimes it seems like the world is a really scary place, but seriously, just take it one day at a time and you'll be amazed at how fast the time goes. Thinking of you and will be reading your blog jealously. <3

    ReplyDelete