Seoul, South Korea

Seoul, South Korea

Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Translate: I love you

So I've been meaning to sit down and type out what's been going on over here for a while now, but I kept putting it off.  And instead of typing out everything (b/c I'm feeling lazy), we're going to do a recap instead!  These things are the best moments from the past week that have made living in Seoul amazing:
~Complete strangers speaking to me in English to help me on the subway or the street.
~My students joking back when I tell them I don't have a boyfriend saying it's okay, me neither!
~"Teacher!  Teacher!  What's your waist size?"  Me, "I don't know honestly.", student, "Ohhh, okay.  You very slim.  I jealous."  Class erupts in laughter.
~Paying for some things at the store near the metro, and students helping me by translating what the clerk said.
~A complete stranger at first befriending me, giving me info on all the swing scenes, along with her phone number. 
~Her name ^ is Lucy.  "You're awesome!  Thank you so much for all you're help!  Seriously!!!"  Lucy, "Yeah, I am kinda awesome."  xD
~A student stopping by my desk and making a heart with her hands.  I made one in response and smiled at her before she then left for her class.
~Dancing a little charleston (nothing huge) while waiting for the metro to stop, and the old man next to me dancing back in response.
Just some of the random things that have made my days recently.  The beauty in communication, and sometimes even without.  Love is translated no matter the barrier, and I love this fact.  Off to bed, rest well everyone!
Love,
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment